Saturday, July 24, 2010

Must Be Kidding

When I tell you what’s on my mind,
Do I bear a jester’s cap?
Can I show you what you mean to me,
Without thoughts of dreaming away a fantasy?
Can you stop laughing as if it’s a joke?
Can you stop thinking it’s a game?
I am neither trying to be tricky nor lame.
When I show you a rose, can you not look at the thorns?
I’m trying to get through, though only through words.
It’s all I can offer in exchange for your own.
Don’t think that this is funny, because all through the while
I’m just trying to imagine your expressions and smile.
A smile I can’t glimpse, but it’s got me dreaming.
Asleep or awake, I can’t stop thinking.
It pains me in a way I can’t describe.
And I’m in no position to do anything about it.
Day in and day out, this is me.
So I ask you now, can’t you see?
That in spite of the jester’s cap and the jokes that aren’t meant
In spite of the games or tricks that play themselves out
And in spite of all the inches, and yards, and miles
To you, I want to be close.
To remove the thorns from the beautiful rose.
And hope, and trust, and wish, with rambling prose
That maybe, just maybe, in my life, it’s you, I suppose.

2 comments:

:P said...

You're back! I super like this! :)

MaribenChristine said...

nice one marco! who's the inspiration for this one :)